Feelings, both physical sensations and emotions, are an integral part of self-care. In fact they are the clues that let you know what self-care you need. Whether it’s pain, fatigue, anxiety or stress, if you don’t know what it means and what you can do about it, you’re not able to find your way forward. Self-care is knowing what you need, when you need it and being able to do something about it. This is essential when it comes to your physical, mental and social health.
We have a range of different options on how you can learn these skills and strengthen your self-care so it feels sturdy and strong.
- Book – Thor A Rain is writing the First Aid for Feelings Manual with Nicki Hayes. Coming soon!
- Workshops – One day First Aid for Feelings workshop is delivered online so it’s easy to attend from wherever you are and suits you best.
- Meditations – A ten day First Aid for Feelings course with a commitment of only 15 minutes a day and a library of free meditations for a whole range of experiences available through Insight Timer.
- Health support – Consultations by video and phone, to help with self-care and improving your health. This includes symptoms such as pain, fatigue, anxiety, stress and related conditions like ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia.
- Business support – For people and projects to help deliver aspirations without compromising health, as well as supporting entrepreneurs and employees to get well and stay well.
The relationship you have with yourself is the only relationship that is with you every breath of the way and every hour of your day. Your feelings are like the dashboard in a car letting you know what needs attention. Knowing how to understand and respond to your feelings is, therefore, integral to being able to care for this most important relationship you have.
Our mission is to improve health and well-being through increased health and emotional literacy. You can learn more about what that means here.